Last updated: February 1, 2022
By visiting the Site and using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site and Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes.
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from other entities, and automatically through your use of our Site and Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You.
The information we collect from you:
- Your account. If you choose to create an account on our Site then we collect your name, email address and password.
- Purchasing Products. If you make a purchase, we or our services providers who process payments on our behalf will collect your payment information, such as your credit or debit card information and your billing address. We will share information we collect with our service providers who process payments on our behalf and they will share your information with us.
- Contacting Us. If you contact us, including to request newsletters or other information from us, we will collect your name, email address and any other information that you choose to provide. When you use our chat feature, we will collect and store the information that you provide while using that feature. We use the information collected through our chat feature to provide our Services to you, including to perform analytics that may improve our Services, and for quality and training purposes.
- Surveys and Questionnaires. If we administer surveys or questionnaires, we or our service providers who assist us will collect the information that you provide in response.
Information that We Collect About You from Social Networking Sites.
You also may log into our Services through your social networking accounts, including Facebook and using your Apple credentials.
We store the information that we receive from Facebook and Apple with other information that we collect from you or receive about you. Any social networking site controls the information it collects from you. For information about how they may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult their respective privacy policies. We have no control over how any other site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you.
Information We Collect Automatically.
We and our service providers automatically collect information about your use of our Site and App through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including technologies designed for mobile apps. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information, and may use it for the purposes set forth below.
When you visit our Site, we automatically collect the following information about you:
- domain name;
- your browser type and operating system;
- web pages you view on the Site;
- links you click on the Site;
- your device ID;
- your IP address;
- the length of time you visit our Site and use our Services; and
- the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- Transactional Purposes: To provide our Services to you and to fulfil your orders.
- Contests: To operate our contests in accordance with the contest rules, including to notify you if you win.
- Customer Service: To communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- Customisation: To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you and personalised help and instructions, and to otherwise personalise your experiences while using the Services.
- Advertising and Marketing: To send you newsletters and email marketing and, where permitted by applicable law, text messages about our products and services; to assist us in advertising on other websites, mobile apps, and other online services; and to evaluate the success of our adverting campaigns through other channels (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
- Administration: To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualised basis.
- Research, Development and Analytical Purposes: For research and analytics purposes.
- Surveys and Questionnaires: To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or member satisfaction purposes.
- Compliance: To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
- Protection: Where we believe necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We disclose the information we collect from you to service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers include entities who assist us in streaming content to you, entities that assist us in performing marketing activities, including targeted advertising, and other entities who provide services related to the hosting and administration of our Site, App and Services.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We share aggregate, anonymised, or de-identified information about users with other entities for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site and Services. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site and Services.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site and Services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
We and our service providers, including Google, may use the information that we collect about you (whether directly from our Site through your device(s), or from another entity) to help us and our service providers identify other devices that you use (e.g., a mobile phone, tablet, other computer). We and our service providers also may use the cross-device use and other information we learn about you to serve targeted advertising on your devices and to send you emails. To opt-out of cross-device advertising, you may follow the instructions set forth in the Ad Networks section below. Please note: if you opt out of these targeted advertising cookies, your opt-out will be specific to the web browser, app, or device from which you accessed the opt-out. If you use multiple devices or web browsers, you will need to opt out each browser or device that you use.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorised access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorised password activity.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Deleting, Changing & Updating Your Personal Information
You may correct, update or revise your Personal Information that is inaccurate or request that we delete your Personal Information from our system. In certain cases, you may also have a right to: (i) to restrict or limit the ways in which we use your Personal Information; (ii) to object to the processing of your Personal Information; and (iii) to obtain a copy of your Personal Information in an easily accessible format.
To submit a request, please send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not want to take any action regarding your Personal Information at the direction of someone other than you and may therefore ask you for information verifying your identity.
We DO NOT sell your personal information for monetary compensation.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site and App. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavour to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.